Saturday, May 25, 2013

Forgiveness, Part III

What is there that forgiveness cannot achieve? - Vidura

The 'one word' that Satan cannot endure is forgiveness - Professor Orr

Lord’s prayer (as it might be prayed by God to us):
My children who are on earth:
You reverence my name
But you do not celebrate my will for you.
You pray my kingdom come,
But how can it
When you ARE what I mean by my kingdom?
You pray for your daily bread,
But you have enough-and to spare.
You pray for forgiveness of your sins,
But how often you will not forgive each other.
You ask me not to lead you into temptation,
But what can I do for you
That I am not already doing?
Use the gifts I am giving you
And you will know my power and glory
Forever and ever.
Amen. -by Rev. Dewane Zimmerman


The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. -Mahatma Gandhi



Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it. -Mark Twain

You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well. -Lewis B. Smedes 


People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on. -Bill Cosby 


When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future. - Bernard Meltzer 


Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart. -
Corrie Ten Boom 

"If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained." - John 20:23




The hardest words to forgive are not the lies we hear, but the truths we are told that we cannot bear to face.

We are all one.  Therefore when I hurt you, it is myself and the world I am injuring.  When I fail to forgive you, it is myself and the world I am failing to forgive.  By the same token, when I love you, I am learning to love myself as well.  And when I forgive you, I, too, find grace and forgiveness. - me  

No comments:

Post a Comment